Programme: INTERREG V-B Adriatic-Ionian ADRION Programme 2014-2020, 3rd Call for Proposal – Priority Axis 1
The project’s main objective is to contribute to the creation of a transnational effective ecosystem for the social innovation application in integrated healthcare services for the ageing population across ADRION countries, through a joint collaboration network and a unique strategy translated into regional and national action plans, implemented and monitored within pilots, once innovative approaches have been tested and backboned by an ICT decision support system. This objective contributes to the topic social innovation as SI4CARE aims to tackle the needs of ADRION ageing population for long-term healthcare, especially in remote areas, by creating a collaborative environment where it is important to co-design solutions and engage a large transnational community that represents all relevant actors, such as public and private healthcare providers, users and associations, academia and social entrepreneurs, voluntary associations, NGOs, and public authorities.
Project specific objectives:
1. Set up a transnational collaborative community for innovative integrated healthcare in the ADRION regions.
2. Achieve a unique medium/long-term vision on social innovation for the elderly healthcare system across ADRION regions.
3. Combine the best available innovative e-tools and solutions for elderly care in an integrated and smart way for the effective delivery of elderly healthcare and social services in the ADRION regions.
Main results of the project:
1. Mobilisation and improved collaboration of stakeholders involved in the elderly care.
2. Enhanced competencies of relevant stakeholders involved in the elderly healthcare to deliver services in an effective, integrated and innovative way, and of public administrations in their process of policies and regulations elaboration.
3. Improved coordination of the elderly social and healthcare innovation strategies and implementation models across participating regions.
• University of Ljubljana
• Jožef Stefan Institute
• Municipality of Miglierina
• University of Split School of Medicine
• Teaching Institute for Public Health Split-Dalmatia County
• Health Insurance and Reinsurance Institute of Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
• National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
• Public Health Institution “Health Center” Tivat
• Special hospital for treatment and rehabilitation Merkur
• Regional Development Fund of Central Macedonia
Value of the project: € 2,373,381.04
ERDF co-financing: € 2,017,373.86
Value of the project for Teaching Institute for Public Health Split-Dalmatia County: € 208.600,00
ERDF co-financing: € 177.310,00
December 1, 2020 – May 31, 2023 (30 months)
Prim. Željka Karin, PhD, MD, School Health Specialist
phone: +385 401 137, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ana Grgurević, BSc Econ.
phone: +385 401 141, e-mail: email@example.com
Roberta Matković, Prof. of Sociology
phone: +385 21 566 210, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Inga Vučica, MD,univ.mag.sanit.publ., Specialist of Public Health
phone: +385 21 480-489, e-mail: email@example.com
Katja Matešan, prof.
phone: +385 21 566 216; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
More on the official SI4CARE project website:
and on the official SI4CARE project Facebook and LinkedIn accounts: